Gender Rainbow Books
Can’t Transitions to Can a story with trans and nonbinary characters for kids ages 5+
Can’t Transitions to Can:
With a Friend Who’s True Blue
A transgender ant, frustrated because her body looks red, dreams of being purple instead. A cisgender turtle wants to jump so high she touches the sky.
When they meet, the ant, torn between staying safe and revealing her true identity, introduces herself as Can’t the red ant. True Blue the turtle is full of enthusiasm and encouragement, but the ant remains skeptical.
Sharing lessons learned from the nonbinary grasshopper, will the turtle ever get the ant to jump? Will the ant find the courage to reveal her true self?
Can’t Transitions to Can: With a Friend Who’s True Blue, the first book in the Gender Rainbow series, is a two-part rhyming story filled with lessons in friendship and an “I CAN” attitude.
The Gender Rainbow Animals
- Dreamer (ze, she, he) the clear dragonfly: genderfluid and unifying leader
- Can (she) the indigo ant: transgender female and intuitive
- True Blue (she) the turtle: cisgender female and speaker of truth
- Sparkle (she) the green snake: intersex female and song healer
- Glad (they) the gold grasshopper: nonbinary and joyful mentor
- Blaze (he) the orange butterfly: transgender male and creative artist
- Brawn (he) the red beetle: cisgender male, disabled, and strong
Pronoun Pins and Necklaces
Check out the shop page for our selection of pronoun pins and necklaces with many different combinations of pronouns including xe, ze, she, he, they